FlacReader + WavWriter
As a follow-up to my previous article on FLAC and encoding uncompressed audio, I have further developed the Wav2Flac library and added FLAC decoding to the WAVE container. Some key points of this aspect of the WavFlacTest library are:
- Support for 16- and 24-bit audio streams
- Support for virtually all FLAC channel mappings: mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1, etc.
- The resulting file is a bit-for-bit copy of the original audio stream
All source code and the compiled 32-bit FLAC library can be downloaded from here.
- Due to the wave format used being 32-bit, uncompressed files greater than 2GB in size might not play in full in some players.
- Even though FlacReader can receive metadata callbacks, the data is not interpreted. This can be further developed using the FLAC API documentation.
Stanimir Stoyanov is a programmer, Microsoft MVP, and Windows enthusiast. Read More...
He's currently working on an array of projects using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7.
- How the Active Directory – Data Store Really Works (Inside NTDS.dit) – Part 1
- Blocking unwanted advertisements and malware with a HOSTS file
- Multithreading with Windows Forms in C#
- Честита Коледа (и поздравления на спечелилите)!
- A simple backup solution using ImageX, a Windows Imaging tool
- Soon: MSDN Ultimate Subscriptions Giveaway
- Decoding FLAC audio files in C#
- Inline Tweet Translator
- Resizing forms while keeping aspect ratio
- Encoding uncompressed audio with FLAC in C#