FlacReader + WavWriter
As a follow-up to my previous article on FLAC and encoding uncompressed audio, I have further developed the Wav2Flac library and added FLAC decoding to the WAVE container. Some key points of this aspect of the WavFlacTest library are:
- Support for 16- and 24-bit audio streams
- Support for virtually all FLAC channel mappings: mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1, etc.
- The resulting file is a bit-for-bit copy of the original audio stream
All source code and the compiled 32-bit FLAC library can be downloaded from here.
- Due to the wave format used being 32-bit, uncompressed files greater than 2GB in size might not play in full in some players.
- Even though FlacReader can receive metadata callbacks, the data is not interpreted. This can be further developed using the FLAC API documentation.