Archive for the 'Betas' Category
Christoffer Andersson–an MVP in Active Directory and a very good friend of mine–recently released the first beta of his Fine-Grained Password Policy Tool. If you are an IT planner or analyst or simply experimenting with the new features of Windows Server 2008 in terms of domain-wise security, you will like to deploy the application. It includes […]
An updated version of Windows Sidebar Styler (v2.0.5) has been made available. Please check the previous post for download links as well as updated documentation.
Additions include support for Gadget resource localization, translations of the application UI, as well as fixed issues with VAIO. If you are interested in helping localize Windows Sidebar Styler in your […]
A new version of Windows Sidebar Styler available. Click here for more information.
Windows Sidebar Styler is an application which takes advantage of various technologies introduced in Windows Vista in order to provide extensions to the existing functionality of Windows Sidebar.
Custom styles allow users to customize the appearance of Windows Sidebar so that it fits […]
Yesterday the second, and probably the last, part of Windows Longhorn BETA invitations was sent out. It’s expected that Beta 1 is going to be released to official testers on July 27th, the next Wednesday. Beta 1 of the WinFX SDK should be released on the same day, too, so the two betas’ release dates […]
On May 16, 2005, Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 was Released To Manufacturing, and the final Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 Documentation was released to the Office Online Resource Center at Microsoft Office site. A 120-day Evaluation version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 is now available at Microsoft Download Center, and it will be available through volume […]
Today I contributed my piece of research to the unofficial WIM Format Documentation - it’s regarding the WIM header, binary ImageListing format and some of the changes that could be seen in Windows Longhorn 5048’s WIM file (over the previous versions).
08 bytes: Signature MSWIM\\0\\0\\0
04 bytes: Header length (including signature length)
04 bytes: WIM File Version
The Visual Studio .NET Beta Experience Kit that I ordered on April 26th, has just shipped here.
The kit contains 3+1 DVDs:
1. Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta 2 Team Foundation Server
2. SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition CTP
3. Visual Studio .NET 2005 Team Suite
4. WeFly247.net - “Everything a developer needs to know about building applications with […]
You are currently browsing the weblog archives for the 'Betas' category.
Longer entries are truncated. Click the headline of an entry to read it in its entirety.
Stanimir Stoyanov is a programmer, Microsoft MVP, and Windows enthusiast. Read More...
He's currently working on an array of projects using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7.
- How the Active Directory – Data Store Really Works (Inside NTDS.dit) – Part 1
- Blocking unwanted advertisements and malware with a HOSTS file
- Multithreading with Windows Forms in C#
- Честита Коледа (и поздравления на спечелилите)!
- A simple backup solution using ImageX, a Windows Imaging tool
- Soon: MSDN Ultimate Subscriptions Giveaway
- Decoding FLAC audio files in C#
- Inline Tweet Translator
- Resizing forms while keeping aspect ratio
- Encoding uncompressed audio with FLAC in C#